Well this was news to us, but this last Saturday was apparently National Tartan Day, a piece of info which the folks at Laphroaig Single Malt Scotch Whisky were nice enough to share with us. In honor, I’ve compiled a list of 5 things I did on National Tartan Day.
- Ordered a lot of fish thinking it was National Tartar Sauce Day.
- Went to Target to try to find plaid boxers. Either they’re out of style or everyone else celebrates Tartan Day like this.
- Followed around a guy named Scott and drew circles around him when he stood still. These circles were then called “Scott’s Land”.
- Checked my email. (Nothing special, just something you should do every day)
- Made a Creag an Dùin, the Official Cocktail of New York Tartan Day. Recipe below. Enjoy!
Laphroaig® Creag an Dùin (“Stone City”)
2 parts Laphroaig Select
3/4 part fresh grapefruit juice
1/2 part fresh lime juice
1/2 part honey syrup
2 dashes angostura bitters
Method: Combine all ingredients into shaking tin, dry shake, pour over ice in Collins glass and top with ginger beer. Garnish with lime wedge or orange half wheel