You’ve planned the perfect wedding right down to the last detail. The flowers couldn’t be more beautiful; the cake is tastefully exquisite; and your dress is everything you ever dreamed it would be.
Have you really planned every single detail? What about the bar?
You probably have beer, wine and soda flowing freely, but to really make a statement, adding a signature cocktail to the menu really adds the perfect personal touch. Here are four of the most popular wedding cocktails you just have to consider for your upcoming nuptials.
Summer Watermelon Refresher
No summer wedding is complete without at least one nuance of summer. For this scrumptious cocktail, watermelon and strawberry come together with a basil-ginger twist that’s not only refreshing but lovely, too.
- 1½ ounces Hangar One vodka
- 3 ounces watermelon-strawberry juice*
- ½ ounce basil-ginger syrup*
- ¼ ounce lime juice
- To make the watermelon-strawberry juice, place equal parts watermelon and strawberries in a blender and blend. Strain through a strainer and refrigerate until needed.
- To make the basil-ginger syrup, dissolve sugar in water over medium heat. Add the ginger and basil and remove from heat. Allow the mixture to steep until cool. Strain the mixture and refrigerate until needed.
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker and shake. Pour over ice and garnish with a festive straw. Serve.
If you’re all about tradition (Something old, something new, something borrowed, something…, and one of the colors of your wedding is blue, this libation should really impress your guests.
- 2 oz white rum
- 3/4 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cane syrup
- mint leaves
- Add cane syrup and mint to a Collins glass. Press leaves with a muddle, then add a few blueberries and press again.
- Pour rum and lime juice into glass and stir.
- Add shaved ice and top with soda and whole blueberries.
If you’re planning a spring wedding, or you simply love brunch-style drinks, you’ve got to add this one to your repertoire. It’s simple to make, but not simple in taste.
- 4 oz freshly squeezed, Ruby Red Grapefruit Juice
- 1 1/2 oz St. Germain (Elderflower Liqueur)
- 4 oz Champagne (or enough to top)
- Grapefruit slices for serving
- Pour grapefruit juice and St. Germain in a glass over ice.
- Top with cold champagne and a grapefruit slice for garnish.
Pretty in Pink
This is the perfect signature cocktail to please every guest. Refreshing, light and just the right amount of boozy, this pretty drink is a hands-down favorite.
- 1 ounce Plymouth gin
- .5 ounce fresh squeezed lemon juice
- .5 ounce Small Hand Food’s raspberry gum syrup
- .25 ounce Suze
- 1 ounce sparkling wine
- Combine all the ingredients except the wine in a shaker and shake.
- Strain over a cocktail glass.
- Add sparkling wine to top and garnish with a slice of lemon.