Whether your football team makes it to the Big Game or not, we know you’ll be in celebration mode when Sunday, February 7 rolls around! Looking for the right beverage to serve your adult guests and “kickoff” the fun? The Sauza-Rita brings the best of both worlds together (margaritas and beer) into one pitcher-style cocktail your guests will love!
Snacks? We’ve got that covered too. Last year, about 79 million pounds of avocados were consumed during the Big Game. Dare we up the ante in 2016? It’s game on with Artichoke Guacamole with Toasted Pine Nuts for all!
With these easy-to-make recipes, you’ll be sure to score a touchdown in the entertaining zone with your friends.
Sauza-Rita (Serves 8)
- 1 can Sauza® Silver Tequila
- 1 can frozen limeade
- 1 bottle light beer
- 1 can of water
Preparation: Pour limeade and beer into a pitcher with ice. Fill limeade can with Sauza Silver and pour into pitcher. Finally, add a can of water, stir and enjoy.
Artichoke Guacamole with Toasted Pine Nuts (Serves 4)
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 tsp. finely chopped white onion
- 2 tsp. minced jalapeño or Serrano chilies (Optional: remove seeds and membranes)
- ½ tsp. teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 large ripe avocados, peeled and seeded
- 1 small plum tomato, cored, seeded, and finely chopped
- 2 tsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- In a medium size bowl, use the back of a spoon to mash 1 tablespoon of the cilantro, 1 teaspoon onion, 1 teaspoon of minced chili, and ½ teaspoon salt together against the bottom of the bowl.
- Add the avocados and gently mash them with a fork until chunky-smooth.
- Add 1 cup of marinated artichoke hearts chopped with ¼ cup of toasted pine nuts and stir.
- Fold the remaining cilantro, onion, and chili into the mixture.
- Stir in tomatoes and lime juice, taste to adjust the seasonings.
- Serve with warm corn tortilla chips.