The truth is, we spend most of our lives at work – so, we might as well be having fun! Thursday, January 28 is National Have Fun at Work Day! What better reason to celebrate your hard work and raise a toast with colleagues during an office happy hour!
No matter what you do each day, we all deserve a break to relax with colleagues and reflect on our great accomplishments. Ready to host? Sauza Tequila has the tips and signature cocktail recipe to get you started.
Tips for hosting a fun office happy hour:
- Set the Theme – whether it’s a “getaway” theme with a margarita bar and BBQ favorites, or an early kick-off party for the big football game, choosing a theme for your happy hour will help your colleagues get embrace the fun
- Get in the “Spirit” – select a signature cocktail to fit your happy hour theme; trade in your coffee mug for a copper mug and serve Sauza’s Minted Mexican Mule, offering a refreshing agave twist on a popular favorite
- Mix and Mingle – extend the invite far and wide to include colleagues from various departments; take this opportunity to bond with your co-workers – this will help strengthen your work environment in the long run
- Eat Potluck Style – potluck is a great way to share the responsibility of pulling off a fun party, especially when many just “don’t have time” – plus, having each colleague bring an app or snack guarantees a delicious and diverse spread!
- Tune it Up – keep the vibe alive with some crowd pleasing tunes; even if the volume is kept low, music will help transform the occasion from a gathering to a happy hour!
Minted Mexican Mule
- 1 ½ parts Sauza® Signature Blue Reposado Tequila
- ½ part lime juice
- 3 parts ginger beer
- Mint leaves
Preparation: Add liquid ingredients to an ice-filled shaker. Shake and strain over ice into a copper mug. Garnish with mint leaves.